Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pro-Life Republican Presures Mistress into Abortion.

These kinds of stories are getting so prevalent they almost aren't news...almost. 

This one is a doozy.  Seems the Pro-life, family values guy, Scott DesJarlais, a Tea Party Republican no less had an affair.  He is a doctor and against ethical guidelines, he had an affair with a patient, adding more scandal to the story!

Then when she got pregnant, something a doctor should have known how to prevent, he tried to pressure her into an abortion for the sake of his marriage.  Funny, I would think someone concerned with the state of his marriage would not have had an affair, unless that was the arrangement he had with his wife. 

This is not a new charge. It surfaced in 2010 during his campaign against his Democratic opponent, Rep. Lincoln Davis.  The new part of this is the transcript taken from court documents that really show what this guy is made of.

According to Huffington Post who released the transcripts, the following little family-values discussion took place on the phone:

"You told me you'd have an abortion, and now we're getting too far along without one," DesJarlais tells the woman at one point in the call while negotiating with her over whether he'll reveal her identity to his wife. They then discuss whether he will accompany her to a procedure to end the sort of life the congressman now describes as "sacred."

"You told me you would have time to go with me and everything," the woman complains.

"I said, if I could, I would, didn't I? And I will try," DesJarlais says. "If I can [find] time, you're saying you still will?"
Nice stuff, what Family Values are made of eh?

More here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do as I say, not as I do, so says the Republican way...

richard h.
fort worth, texas, usa